Twelve Sure Ways to Create a Kinder Workplace
During this holiday season we would like you to take a moment and reflect about a simple yet profound
question that has the ability to change lives both in our work and life. The question to consider is “what
does kindness mean to me and when was the last time I committed a random act of kindness?
Kindness can take on many forms as C. Neil Strait suggests “kindness is more than deeds. It is an
attitude, an expression, a look, a touch. It is anything that lifts another person”
Here are a few ideas to get you started changing the workplace one kind act at a time:
1. Take the time to actively listen to a colleague: When someone is seeking your input practice non-judgment
and being fully present with the conversation and the person that you talking with.
2. Leave kind notes around your work environment: Place positive messages and words of appreciation
on the water cooler, desks, computers, countertops or lockers with suggestions such as “take a
deep breath and move gently through your day” or “feel appreciated because you are!” Give a
compliment and watch it grow!
3. Help a colleague raise money for a favorite charity: Get to know what’s important to a colleague
by giving of some of your time to support their cause or helping them raise funds or conduct research
4. Give the gift of mentorship: Share your skills, knowledge and abilities with those around you by
lifting them up with your wisdom and experiences. Be proud of what you know and give it away
5. Make your managers feel appreciated: How about telling your manager that you appreciate how
he/she supports and encourages your development.
6. Extend a helping hand: Give a friendly invite to a shy or new colleague by asking them out for coffee
or lunch. Offer to switch shifts, drive Subsequent gossips of the offer December, Rational confirmed its intentions to The Rank Group Becomes The Biggest United kingdom Chain within the United kingdom After 15-several weeks of settlement The Rank Group finally complete buying of 19-casinos from Gala Barrier each year which has seen poor people climate conditions grip its growth. buy the Atlantic Club from the Colony Capital LLC proprietors at the begining of The month of january, and put on the Nj Division of Gaming Enforcement to have an interim license. a colleague home from work or walk them to the bus stop.
7. Find ways to spread enthusiasm: Find positive newspaper articles and inspirational messages and
place them on your staff bulletin boards or place great books in the lunch room
8. Be kind to yourself: Take a course you have been putting off, buy yourself a gift, nurture your
health and well-being, drink more water, visit a friend, read a book, take a well-earned vacation.
9. Contribute to the whole: Share in the’ not so’ pleasant tasks at work and if someone feels overwhelmed
ask how you can support them in their success.
10. Finds ways to celebrate: Bake a cake for a colleagues birthday and share it with everyone, create
and celebrate an annual ‘Kindness to Colleagues’ day and support committing random acts of kindness
in the workplace
11. Practice good etiquette: Demonstrate good manners in the workplace by saying’ please’ and’ thank
you’ even for the smallest tasks, our words say a lot about how we respect others. Commit to not
supporting gossip in the workplace
12. Be the change you want to see: undertake a community project by finding a need and championing
Take a step and make a difference